Tuesday 25 March 2014

Quote of the Week

This quote is by Agatha Christie, an author who I am so wary of that I can never tell whether a paragraph of seemingly innocent description is, in fact, description, or a clue to the whole mystery. I have not actually read the book this quote is from, but I strongly suspect that the key to the mystery is in an unexpected place...



“Poirot," I said. "I have been thinking."
"An admirable exercise my friend. Continue it.”


-Agatha Christie, Peril at End House






The picture is a photo of Agatha Christie, from pinterest.com

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a Marx brothers joke. They are talking about how to get out of a difficult situation. Several suggestions and are rejected. Then Groucho signals a fresh attack by saying, "Now let us think". Chico ripostes, "Naw, we have tried that".

    ReplyDelete